… or does it feel like the first 300 days of 2017 went by at triple-warp-speed?
It feels like two seconds ago that we celebrated New Year’s Eve. Cake and champagne. Wishes and goals. Then I glanced at my computer, answered a few emails, looked up, and what just happened? It’s the end of October?
This week, I’ve been feeling the urge to crack down and complete my 2018 planning early. Help my customers take stock of how 2017 is going. That’s because, it has been…a bear of a year.
Although it’s Q4, and admittedly, the busiest time of year for some of you, perhaps you can take some time to join me for some near-end-of-year reflection.
Take a moment to slow down, exhale, sit yoga-style, and take stock of everything that’s happened since January 1st.
Here are 10 questions to percolate on. If you’d like to join me for some reflection, here are the questions I am asking myself.
– 10 QUESTIONS –
- What were my goals at the beginning of this year?
- Are my goals the same—or have things changed?
- Is there something I’ve been doing lately—like a business project, or any kind of project or commitment—that’s not feeling “right” anymore? Do I need to keep doing it? What would happen if I just stopped?
- What’s something I’m sick of hearing myself repeat, over and over? For example, “I really need to start…” “I really need to stop…” “Seriously, for real, this week I will…”
- What’s something I want to create, achieve, or experience before the end of this year?
- Who are some people I feel are having a fabulous year – and why? What do they have—or appear to have—that I want to bring to my tribe?
- Who’s someone who’s been an important part of my life this year—like an amazing friend, mentor, or colleague? Have I said, “thank you” to that person recently?
- What’s something I see out in the world that breaks my heart? What could I do, say, create, or contribute to be “part of the solution”?
- Fill in the blank: “This year, one of the best decisions I made was _______.”
- And lastly: Fill in the blank: “This year, I feel proud of myself because _______.”
Maybe you’ll want to answer those questions in your journal. Or on your blog. Or with loved ones around the dinner table. Or aloud, with me here. 😊
Why am I sharing these questions with you? Because many of you have had a break-out year and some not so much. You asked me what I am doing myself or do for other people. It’s my way of dealing with my introvert-ness and peeling back the curtain to becoming a tad more transparent. (Yes, I know, I’m moving slowly in that department. 😊 Can’t wait to share what we are working on for 2018!)
Some of you have shared you’re tired of business as usual in December, want more and to get ahead of the game. You pour your heart and soul into your business and I want to see you create and sustain a solid foundation and avoid burnout.
Stay tuned for news and an invitation to check out my End of Year Planning Party. It was a huge splash last year and I was inspired to repeat the event.
We’ll cover how to set up your business planning in time, so you can make December the BEST month of the year PLUS have a complete PLAN in hand ready for 2018.
And then you’ll be ready to start out 2018 fully in control of the business reins that will make a REAL difference to you and the World.